View Poll Results: Once the Cuban embargo is lifted, what hand made cigars would you buy?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dominican cigars

52 61.90%
  • Cuban cigars

25 29.76%
  • Nicaraguan cigars

6 7.14%
  • Honduran cigars

0 0%
  • Other country cigars

1 1.19%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigars, Cigars, and More Cigars

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    Unless my "math" is worse in "Spanish" than in "English", THAT is 14 pesos each! If you pay 50 pesos for a 5 pack at ANY Supermercado National please let me know which one,I'll smoke MORE!
    cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Uh oh, this is not good. Maybe it's because you buy the flavored ones? You know, the touristy cigars?? LOL They are more expensive than the naturals.

I bought 10 packs about 3 weeks ago, and paid 50 pesos a pack for them.(same store)

The time before, I paid 45 pesos a pack.

I'm guessing that perhaps the usage is going up, so why not charge a little more..

Post Thanks / Like

Default So "YOU" Are The ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

"National" hasn't had ANY "Principes" for weeks! Fruit Flavours (perish the VERY IDEA!) or "Natural"! I got 15 packs at my colmado for 70 pesos each because I told them that I could get them at "National" for that price.
    When I get back to Santo Domingo in Oct. I WILL get to the bottom of this mystery!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCc
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    "National" hasn't had ANY "Principes" for weeks!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCc
    Heh, heh, could it be because a certain someone bought all the naturals that they had???

I can tell you EXACTLY when they sold out...

WAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The early bird gets the worm.....

He who hesitates..........

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

through the spammer this thread came to my attention.

As HB knows I smoke quite a few Cuban and Dominican cigars...

As the market opens up... I believe the difference in cigars will remain. Thusly those who favour full flavoured cigars will tend to turn to the Cubans and those who will favour the lighter taste of the Dominican cigars will turn to the DR cigars... both of whom are a well made product.

I always compare cigars to whisky or wine... upon reaching a certain quality level, there is no better or worse cigar.. it all depends on taste.. calling a Partagas D-series better than a great Dominican cigar (Arturo Fuentes) to me is like saying a white shirt is better than a blue shirt.. it becomes a matter of preference...

The old saying 'there is no accounting for taste' also applies here I believe.

Cheers,

MD

Post Thanks / Like

Merengue Dutchie has probably said it best. Taste. Personally I love Nicaraguan cigars!! Blasphemy, HB!! How could you?
    Easy, they are good cigars.
    But you live in the DR!!

Yes and I also really enjoy many of the Dominican cigars. Remember I am special and I have access to just about every one of the factories here....I get product all the time and puff and report...My palate is appreciated...

So taste is basically there for experimenting. Remember the world's largest selling cigar is very, very mild...Bombs like Opus X, or Cohiba, or Augusto Reyes Criolla, or any of the "full bodied" cigars are not to everyone's liking. The Macanudo is.

When the embargo goes, step aside....Cuba will be invaded by wanna be cigar experts...and the Cubans will flood the market with third rate fakes....made in back yards from table scraps...you'll see....

they do it now, so what's to keep them from increasing their production??? (If Cuba opens up..)

HB, not worried....with a good Port, a good cigar and a good book....ah life can be nice..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

thx HB and by the way, I'm still enjoying the cigars we ordered as an experiment, they mature rather nicely

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks to all the posted..
    Arcadio reserva will be tested out in a convection show in las vegas late this summer..
    It will be a dark wrpa 60 ring 7 inch strong body cigar intended for high end customers that usually buy our guayaveras...
    Hb when they are ready for taste will get you a few..

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

alrighty. I am an amateur when it comes to cigars but I do love to smoke them. I'll be in Cabarete all next week. can someone point me in the direction to a place where I can buy some legitmate cigars. I understand some will try to sell you phonys.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I was in Cabarete i did not see a decent cigar store along the whole street.
    You can find legitimate cigars (Not Cubans) at Super Super in Sosua.

If you want, you can take a short day trip to Santiago and visit Leon Jimenes' model shop where they make the high end cigars...and where you can buy honest cigars.

there is a cigar kiosk in the Nacional supermarket in Santiago that offers good cigars.

That is about it unless you want to spend a whole day exploring tobacco barns and smaller factories puffing on just made cigars...which is also doable..

HB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The last time I was in Cabarete i did not see a decent cigar store along the whole street.
    You can find legitimate cigars (Not Cubans) at Super Super in Sosua.

If you want, you can take a short day trip to Santiago and visit Leon Jimenes' model shop where they make the high end cigars...and where you can buy honest cigars.

there is a cigar kiosk in the Nacional supermarket in Santiago that offers good cigars.

That is about it unless you want to spend a whole day exploring tobacco barns and smaller factories puffing on just made cigars...which is also doable..

HB
    There used to be a small cigar store a few steps east of the Kaoba hotel.

Very small, but they had a guy that rolled cigars during the day. They used to sell me their rolled cigars a buck each, but they started out asking for 5 dollars each, if I'm not mistaken.

Not exactly a high quality cigar, but it was pretty good.

Most of the small grocery stores in Cabarete have Principe cigars. It's a decent cigar for less than a buck, and are made by Leon Jimenez too.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast