Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living in/ near Puerto Plata, DR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Living in/ near Puerto Plata, DR

I am a 21year old female about to move to the DR this summer for my new job. My offices are in Puerto Plata and I am therefore trying to find a nice 1-2 bedroom apartment or small home for RENT near or on the water. Doesnt really matter if furnished or not but I would like for it to include a refrigerator and washer/ dryer at least.

Needs to be in a predominantly safe area as I am a young woman who will be out working or going out sometimes at night.
    - wifi capabilities
    - cleanliness
    - nice view

Something in reasonable price range i do want to live well though. I know some of the more luxury places are nice to live in but at night due to the vacancy it an be really unsafe.

Any recommendations, links, ads or comments I can have are well appreciated!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Try to look in the Torre Alta area, I would suggest an apt in that area not a house. Nice quiet area in the hills about 5 mins from the beach but you may get an ocean view there.

Post Thanks / Like

Not going to happen, me thinks. POP real estate is pretty much "word of mouth"...
    Write a note to BushBaby and see if he will rent you part of his huge house for the summer. He doesn't need the money but he might like someone who can speak English and think intelligently to be nearby...

You can ask, anyway...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Jeff and Petra's apartments in Torre Alta. They are a little pricey by the week but a monthly rate is much less. Beautiful proprty in safe, quiet neighborhood. Located a few blocks from main road so public transportation is easy to get. Puerto Plata Apartments

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link to videos of Jeff's apartments. jeffries2000's Channel - YouTube
    Note: I have no financial interest. Just a satisfied tenant 5 years ago.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

how we can rich Jeff's apartments....email or phone??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soccergal11 View Post
    I am a 21year old female about to move to the DR this summer for my new job. My offices are in Puerto Plata and I am therefore trying to find a nice 1-2 bedroom apartment or small home for RENT near or on the water. Doesnt really matter if furnished or not but I would like for it to include a refrigerator and washer/ dryer at least.

Needs to be in a predominantly safe area as I am a young woman who will be out working or going out sometimes at night.
    - wifi capabilities
    - cleanliness
    - nice view

Something in reasonable price range i do want to live well though. I know some of the more luxury places are nice to live in but at night due to the vacancy it an be really unsafe.

I can recommend you a link that I always use when I want to rent a condo/apartment. Check out homeaway.com for apartments, villas, houses and condos anywhere in DR. Good luck.

8. Likes drescape24 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It needs to be "furnished". "Unfurnished" here means you don't even get a stove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soccergal11 View Post

- wifi capabilities
    - cleanliness
    - nice view

Great place to stay is puerto plata beachclub ,it use to be an all-inclusive resort know they just renting the apartments furnius ,beach is front of the apartments you can call 809-586-4243 and tell them that you were refered by Big Lee, they have Great prices and they due speak english,, Good Luck.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaramo View Post
    Great place to stay is puerto plata beachclub ,it use to be an all-inclusive resort know they just renting the apartments furnius ,beach is front of the apartments you can call 809-586-4243 and tell them that you were refered by Big Lee, they have Great prices and they due speak english,, Good Luck.
    I'm not sure you want to recommend this place, based on the reviews on this website:

Dominican Central Forums - Living - beware of puerto plata beach club at malecon -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast