Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long-term villa rent

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Long-term villa rent

Hello,
    going to move to Dominicana. Firstly for one year, to look around, settle down, to realize if this way and conditions of life ar suitable and comfortable for me and my husband. If everything will be ok, will think about purchasing an estate.

At the moment I'd like to rent a small villa (two-bedroom). Don't want the apartment, after whole life in megapolis want to have a bit more of privacy.

Could anybody advise if it's real to rent a villa in a normal place for a year up to 1500 USD a month? As normal place I consider sea\ocean availability, 24h security, homogeneous neighbors.

Thanks in advance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you mean the Dominican Republic and not the island of Dominicana

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

It is. I lived a year in Perla Marina, an ocean-front gated community, very safe and clean and was paying $680 a month for a condo, I'm sure houses in the area are not over $1500. I know huge ocean-front condos run $1000 if you are willing you sign a year lease. They are very private as most owners spend only a few months living there, most of the time you'd possibly be the only tenant in the building, which are 3 stories with 1 or 2 apts per floor.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakersindr View Post
    Hope you mean the Dominican Republic and not the island of Dominicana
    What is "Island of Dominicana"? Where is it located? Never heard.

Sorry for being geographically challenged.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Dominican Republic

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm not English-speaking, we call it Doinicana. I mean Dominican Republic.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phanata View Post
    Hello,
    going to move to Dominicana. Firstly for one year, to look around, settle down, to realize if this way and conditions of life ar suitable and comfortable for me and my husband. If everything will be ok, will think about purchasing an estate.

At the moment I'd like to rent a small villa (two-bedroom). Don't want the apartment, after whole life in megapolis want to have a bit more of privacy.

Could anybody advise if it's real to rent a villa in a normal place for a year up to 1500 USD a month? As normal place I consider sea\ocean availability, 24h security, homogeneous neighbors.

Thanks in advance.
    $1500 is a VERY GOOD price. For this money you will be able to rent a VERY GOOD villa in a VERY GOOD neighborhood. Dozens of empty villas are in Cabarete currently. And most owners will be happy to rent for $600-$800.

So, $1500 is a lot of money.

Welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post
    What is "Island of Dominicana"? Where is it located? Never heard.

Sorry for being geographically challenged.
    He meant the island of Dominica which is near the french islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique.

People who speak spanish often get confused as the adjectives/nouns 'dominicano/os/a/as apply to people and things related to both Dominica and Dominican Republic. Confusing, isn't it?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you very much
    cause when I see prices on real-estate agencies websites, they really scare me

Post Thanks / Like

Default We Have What You Want

Phanata,

We have exactly the type of apartment you asked about. It is in Perla Marina and it is in Las Olas, right on the beach. We stay there a month or so per year and rent it out the remainder of the year. It is a beautiful spot and we only ask US$800.00 per month plus electricity and maid. You can see it listed in the archives in DR1 rental section.

We plan to be there Jan 13 to Feb 17 this year. We'd be happy to have you come and stay with us for a short time to visit and check the place out.

We also are willing to allow rent paid to apply to purchase if you decide to buy the apartment from us.

You may reply directly to me at gregorywales@gmail.com or phone 320-219-2379 in US.

Greg Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast