Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alternative to taxi fare from the Santo Domingo airport (las americas internacional)?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at their names! Jokers! They have nothing, no knowledge of this issue. They write just to interact with you. They come to the RD to find a cheap prostitute who pretends to be in love with them.
    That's quite an assumption based on a name on a DB.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

this is some information I found on another site regarding transport to Santo Domingo:

Public transportation from the Airport to Town.

to get the shuttle!...-> the Bus/Mini-Van are in the second floor departure area. once you get out from customs exit door.. you go up stairs (departures) then go outside you have to walk to your leftside ..you will recognize the bus because usually has an Orange traffic cone in the roof ..the ride is less than 3 dollars. (but you have to exchange your money before take the bus)

the last stop is at Av Duarte. and you can ask the driver which bus you have to take to get downtown Zona Colonial.

3. Likes Africaida, pollogringo, kinostar liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julia31 View Post
    this is some information I found on another site regarding transport to Santo Domingo:

Public transportation from the Airport to Town.

to get the shuttle!...-> the Bus/Mini-Van are in the second floor departure area. once you get out from customs exit door.. you go up stairs (departures) then go outside you have to walk to your leftside ..you will recognize the bus because usually has an Orange traffic cone in the roof ..the ride is less than 3 dollars. (but you have to exchange your money before take the bus)

the last stop is at Av Duarte. and you can ask the driver which bus you have to take to get downtown Zona Colonial.
    I very much doubt the accuracy of this information. I've never seen an Orange traffic cone roofed bus at SDQ, and I've gotten a taxi in the second floor departure area many times. There are gua gua's that transport locals to the airport who work there, etc. However, I do not believe they take passengers.

5. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An employee who was picking up a dropped off rental car on the 2nd floor(departure), sent me to the hotel in Gazcue for USD 20. It was 8pm and pouring. The taxi drivers on the 1st floor(arrival) stick their price on usd 40 and lost their business on me.

7. Likes waytogo liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234