Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parque de las luces

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parque de las luces

Don't know how long this will go on, but if you have a chance stop by the park at Bolivar and Alma Mater.
    Nearly every tree is lit with different colored lights. Perfect place for families or really anyone.

Free to enter and there are food and beverage stands. All the usual Christmas themes are presented ( the manger, snow men, nutcracker etc)

This is one of those things that I like about living in a city.

Last edited by RG84; 12-18-2013 at 06:12 PM.

2. Likes Harleysrock, Frank the Tank, Berzin liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

To each his own...I went there on a Saturday evening and will never go back. Too many people, too many lights decorated without criteria and too many commercials.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting photos and telling us about the park. In this day and age, with everyone having cameras in their phones, it seems odd that hardly anyone posts photos about the nice happenings in the DR.

It doesn't always have to be about crime scenes or murders, for cryin' out loud.

Moderator DR1.com

5. Likes Africaida, Harleysrock, RG84, bigbird liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RG84, If anyone knows how much longer the display will be up please post the date.

If in the area you can also take a ride to Agora Mall as they also have some beautiful Christmas decorations. Nothing like the pics posted above but still nice to see.

7. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be open at least until the second week of january 2014, so there's plenty of time for those who want to visit. Not a whole lot of parking places, so either get there early or take a cab. I haven't actually visited the park, but I drive by it every day and from the street it looks great, specially at night.

9. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    To each his own...I went there on a Saturday evening and will never go back. Too many people, too many lights decorated without criteria and too many commercials.
    Ha HA Ha you sound like Scrooge, bah humbug. Yes I agree too many commercials, but somebody has to pay for the displays and it really doesn't take away from the look. Unless we only want to see the negative side.

I knew it was going to be crowded so I went on a week night and it was still packed but once again not enough to make it unpleasent.

11. Likes Mauricio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the things I really like about DR is how they decorate for Christmas almost everywhere.

Moderator dr1.com

13. Likes Harleysrock, Berzin, RG84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go just before it closes, I know the crowds will be gone by then!
    CCCCCCCC
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

15. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first heard about this I didn't think much of the idea. Conjured images of the Vegas strip and I like to see snow with my Christmas decorations. Wife finally talked me into going last week (mid week) and lo and behold ...I LIKED IT! Kids loved it, very family oriented, and even decent pizza available. Actually put me in a holiday spirit.

17. Likes RG84, Harleysrock liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator Polls Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast