Thread: Is UPS, FedEx, or DHL the best way to ship heavy items from the USA to the DR?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is UPS, FedEx, or DHL the best way to ship heavy items from the USA to the DR?

Is UPS, FedEx, or DHL the best way to ship heavy items from the USA to the DR? I am flying over to Santo Domingo next week but I need to find the most economical/practical way to get all my clothes, books, shoes, and some small items shipped to Santo Domingo. I think my clothes alone way almost 80 pounds. So, I say I would be shipping a total of about 120 to 150 pounds of my personal belongings to Santo Domingo. The last time I carried that much extra stuff on the airplane from Miami to Santo Domingo, the airline charged my an extra 250 dollars to fly a full set of a four piece luggage over there. I hear that FedEx is the best, but I do not know if they are the best for personal items that may weight between 50 to 150 pounds? Is United Parcel Service (UPS) reliable/dependable in Santo Domingo? I think it would be more money if American Airlines took all that stuff on the same airplane with me. I intend to try to stay in Santo Domigo permanently so I can attend the university there so I certainly want my most valuable/best clothes over there with me.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Iīve been using Vimenpaq to ship heavy and or long boxes that I need fairly quick with good results. Last shipped a set of Thule cross bars and luggage carrier for about US$100 and got them 2 days later.

Vimenpaq

For stuff that doesnīt matter when it shows up, I use a standard door to door vessel shipper which is less expensive than using the air service of Vimenpaq. Shipped a couple of drums with odds and ends early in January and it hasnīt arrived yet. The good thing about this service is that generally weight doesnīt matter - so I stuff the containers heavy