Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Safety Concerns

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Food Safety Concerns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOlV88RKTXs

From a food safety standpoint this video is a disaster. The chef is touching everything in the kitchen after handling raw chicken. No wonder everyone walks around w diarrhea down there.

2. Dislikes Hlywud, Kipling333 disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcinbrass View Post

From a food safety standpoint this video is a disaster. The chef is touching everything in the kitchen after handling raw chicken. No wonder everyone walks around w diarrhea down there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgjWBpnKt-Y

Text book food safety being practiced. The meat must be weeks old, the mayo has been sitting out in the hot sun all damn day for crissakes. Yet the guy keeps saying wow delicious. You would be lucky if you didn't end up the hospital.

4. Dislikes Kipling333 disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

you eat chimi on the street you deserve what you get. normally not out during the day. I live a block off the malecon, by the napolitano have not had the chimi carts in that area since they got the parks open. now have the casitas.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Text book food safety being practiced. The meat must be weeks old, the mayo has been sitting out in the hot sun all damn day for crissakes. Yet the guy keeps saying wow delicious. You would be lucky if you didn't end up the hospital.
    I doubt I would eat anything from the guy in the video. There is a Venezuelan food truck evening hours 30 de marzo and bolivar, SD I have eaten from and never once got sick. Only thing with these food carts you have to be fast or they will squirt that ketchup and mayo faster than you can blink an eye. I always get these weird looks when I tell them just mustard on my hot dog.

7. Likes bienamor, Africaida, cbmitch9 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

With those Ridiculous plastic gloves....everyone is a chef in this country.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

They use regular bags from the store sometimes ....

make shift gloves.....

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I doubt I would eat anything from the guy in the video. There is a Venezuelan food truck evening hours 30 de marzo and bolivar, SD I have eaten from and never once got sick. Only thing with these food carts you have to be fast or they will squirt that ketchup and mayo faster than you can blink an eye. I always get these weird looks when I tell them just mustard on my hot dog.
    Re the chef in video....aside from the gloves, etc. He's making Chicken Parmigiana for Pete's sake! Starts off great, pounds the chicken, dredges in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs, then fries. Just like an Italian would. Then he plates it and sprinkles that god-awful Kraft boxed parmigana cheese on the top and says it's done. Arghhhh!!!!

I'm with you on the hot dogs - mustard only. Unless there's good sauerkraut available

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

11. Likes Fulano2 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

going to have to try this some time dropped RG84 off there a couple of times when he lived in that area but never tried it myself.

They don't understand mustard at all

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    ..........I'm with you on the hot dogs - mustard only. Unless there's good sauerkraut available
    Used to be one of the perks of flying out of SDQ, Nathans Hot Dog with mustard and kraut. The Venezuelan food cart puts something similar on their hots which I haven't quite figured out what it is but really tasty. I know I could ask but the guessing game is more fun. They may tell me and I may go Yuck..............

Nathans Agora Mall is the only spot I know that has sauerkraut.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Used to be one of the perks of flying out of SDQ, Nathans Hot Dog with mustard and kraut. The Venezuelan food cart puts something similar on their hots which I haven't quite figured out what it is but really tasty. I know I could ask but the guessing game is more fun. They may tell me and I may go Yuck..............

Nathans Agora Mall is the only spot I know that has sauerkraut.
    Might be able to get it at one of the German places that pop up from time to time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast