Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How does Boca Chica Compare to the North Coast

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrzyguy View Post
    ooohhh..these sound like new places to explore as i am usually on the south coast. And i get tired of the vendors and boogies in Boca. gracias!!! how much would a bus or guagua cost from Santo Domingo? and time to travel?
    Around RD75, about 1hr transit

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the VIDS, but why does the hotel seem deserted? I', also headed that way the end of the month, and one of my co-workers, who is from SD, says that BC is where the criminals come to do their dirty work, and recommends La Romana instead. What would be the average price of the two hotels you mentioned. I assume they are not A/I.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

One important question? If I do this hotel, would I have clean towels, AC, and hot water when needed.? Plan to be in San pedro at EOM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Any gringo-friendly hotels in san pedro area?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Boca Chica has serious potential, and will be a fine destination with some capital investment. If Juan dolio is the "south beach of the Carribean" (ya right) BC is kind of the Tijuana of the Caribbean.

There are serious pollution issues in Boca Chica, namely with heavy metals industrial run off, untreated sewage, as well as other nasty industrial runoff. Always shower if you come into contact with the water here- it is very contaminated.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wierdscott View Post
    Boca Chica has serious potential, and will be a fine destination with some capital investment. If Juan dolio is the "south beach of the Carribean" (ya right) BC is kind of the Tijuana of the Caribbean.

There are serious pollution issues in Boca Chica, namely with heavy metals industrial run off, untreated sewage, as well as other nasty industrial runoff. Always shower if you come into contact with the water here- it is very contaminated.
    Many people visit Las Terrenas on the North Coast - green flag beaches. About 3 hours ( by bus ) from Boca Chica or the capital. JetBlue direct service from NY this winter to local airport....

yapask1

7. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wuarhat View Post
    The water at Boca Chica was very shallow when I went there. I was out over a hundred meters and up to my waist. In Sosua fifteen meters out was over my head.
    Yes. And many people have said Boca Chica is dirty. I have been there many times and they always seem to clean up right before I get there. I love to eat the fish there, which is something I do every time I go. The one problem is that the vendors at Boca Chica are just a nightmare at times. It can get really bad with the vendors.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567