Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How does Boca Chica Compare to the North Coast

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How does Boca Chica Compare to the North Coast

I wanted to get some advice on how the town of Boca Chica is. I have been to Puerto Plata/Sosua area a few times and want a change. On my next trip I am planning to flying into Santo Domingo spending about 4 days in Boca Chica then take the Merto bus up tp Sosua, spend some time up there and fly home from Puerto Plata.

Here are the questions I need answerd?

Compared to Sousa beach, how is Boca Chica? I heard the water is deep blue caribbean compared to the north coast? Is there any truth to that?

How is the crime compared to Sosua? Espcially at night? I have never had issues in Sousa but have heard I Boca Chica May be more dangerous? Do I need to watch myself a bit more?

I'd like to maybe find some female fun at night one or two nights.

As for other areas I may want to take a trip and visit Santo Domingo during the day and see the capital. I'd also like to check out Juan Dolio as I have heard good things about it. I don't want to spend a ton of money on cab fared, but would like to get the most out of my trip on the side of the island

As for hotels. I have heard about be live hamaca being an okay place to stay? I'd like to find a place that may be girl friendly if possible, but not a necessity

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Juan Dolio is preferable to Boca Chica.

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you as an Italian stallion probably will like Boca Chica because there are a lot of Italians there. I'd say that the north coast is nicer but since I made some good friends in Boca Chica I prefer it there but that's my personal opinion.
    For a hotel I prefer the Rolling Stone which is right on the beach and very close to all the bars and restaurants plus they allow girls, don't think the Hamaca allows girls.
    In all the places you have to keep your eyes open otherwise you'll get into trouble but I've never experienced any trouble myself in Boca Chica.
    The water is blue in Boca Chica but can be dirty when it rains.
    It's easy to take a bus from Boca Chica to Juan Dolio and it's cheap.
    I'm pretty sure you'll have fun there.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

are these canned peaches? or fresh?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

boca chica beaches is real nice with blue water but for the ladies is horrible sosua is alot better. but for the food i ate at every italian restaurants and even the pizza shop next to the bar had pizza slices like new york and they used a brick oven with wood.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from Hamaca, the actual hotel itself is nice enough, but the service is probably the worst I've come across. It'll take you hours to check in, then hours to check out, if at a weekend then you cant get a seat in the buffet as the doors open to the animals, and I mean animals, it gets real bad, no bar service, no food, and again if you need assistance then forget it.
    The closed off part of boca is really civilized and a nice place to wander have a few drinks, but it is quiet around now. A few good places to eat. You need to cross the barriers really to find the girls, there are a few inside the main street, but it is well controlled, not many. But without a doubt Sosua has the MUCH better looking girls, but lets be real they are all filthy, does it really matter.
    The beach, I hate the view from Boca but you cant escape it, it just is what it is, makes me laugh when people love Boca beach, the caribbean beach, with its industrial viewscape, lol. The water is a bit dirty and Im sure I found a new mutant species of water monster there, still to this day no idea what it was, kind of an independent swimming penis, was weird.
    Sosua beach is 10 times better, with or without the water colour, I mean, who gives a toss what colour the water is, surely the view from a beach and the surroundings is what counts.
    You'd be better off going to Juan Dolio and staying at the Costa Caribe, it's a budget A/I but it has good service, better beaches.
    As far as danger goes, stick to the tourist traps, they seem to be well policed these days, better than ever (sign of the times maybe), go off the beaten track with some tigre on search of coke and sex then you are in the hands of the gods, well, PN more than likely. I dont know about the North Coast these days, but the PN are really aggressively extorting every opportunity these days, so your only friends are the Politur, even then only you are there to protect yourself, rely on nobody.
    Stick to touristville is my advice.

7. Likes Noballs, curlando, frank12 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    Stay away from Hamaca, the actual hotel itself is nice enough, but the service is probably the worst I've come across. It'll take you hours to check in, then hours to check out, if at a weekend then you cant get a seat in the buffet as the doors open to the animals, and I mean animals, it gets real bad, no bar service, no food, and again if you need assistance then forget it.
    The closed off part of boca is really civilized and a nice place to wander have a few drinks, but it is quiet around now. A few good places to eat. You need to cross the barriers really to find the girls, there are a few inside the main street, but it is well controlled, not many. But without a doubt Sosua has the MUCH better looking girls, but lets be real they are all filthy, does it really matter.
    The beach, I hate the view from Boca but you cant escape it, it just is what it is, makes me laugh when people love Boca beach, the caribbean beach, with its industrial viewscape, lol. The water is a bit dirty and Im sure I found a new mutant species of water monster there, still to this day no idea what it was, kind of an independent swimming penis, was weird.
    Sosua beach is 10 times better, with or without the water colour, I mean, who gives a toss what colour the water is, surely the view from a beach and the surroundings is what counts.
    You'd be better off going to Juan Dolio and staying at the Costa Caribe, it's a budget A/I but it has good service, better beaches.
    As far as danger goes, stick to the tourist traps, they seem to be well policed these days, better than ever (sign of the times maybe), go off the beaten track with some tigre on search of coke and sex then you are in the hands of the gods, well, PN more than likely. I dont know about the North Coast these days, but the PN are really aggressively extorting every opportunity these days, so your only friends are the Politur, even then only you are there to protect yourself, rely on nobody.
    Stick to touristville is my advice.
    yep the best advise right here. you can make the decision from what the post said and with the robbery thing i walked all the time there with no problem and talked to every one there for the first time no one bothered me.just be strong

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyboneizo View Post
    yep the best advise right here. you can make the decision from what the post said and with the robbery thing i walked all the time there with no problem and talked to every one there for the first time no one bothered me.just be strong
    The water at Boca Chica was very shallow when I went there. I was out over a hundred meters and up to my waist. In Sosua fifteen meters out was over my head.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wuarhat View Post
    The water at Boca Chica was very shallow when I went there. I was out over a hundred meters and up to my waist. In Sosua fifteen meters out was over my head.
    It is great for the kids, infact it is the best beach in the country for none swimming toddlers, or dwarfs.

11. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like I am going to have to weigh my options and consider the pro's and con's on weather I stay in Boca Chica or Juan Dolio. It seems to be that Juan Dolio may be a better option, but more pricey. Is there public transportation between Juan Dolio and Boca Chica so I can at least get the best of both worlds while staying in one area? I don't want to waste a ton of money to taxi's if I can help it. I also mentioned I may want to check out Santo Domingo. Is there anything over in SD worth seeing? Can I take public transportation from BC OR JD over to SD? I've heard good things about the metro bus but not sure if that would work for me.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast