Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would someone translate a couple sentences for me?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would someone translate a couple sentences for me?

I use a digital translator and can get the gist of most sentences, but i can not figure what this means in english. Any takers?

• cuando oeste casada en face ay no estoy libre

• osea k lo estoy.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you ask her if she was taken?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I said i dont care if you have a boyfriend because I am in another country. You are free (libre) and not mine. I see on facebook that she does have a boyfriend but she is seeking an american husband.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 313Buzz View Post
    I said i dont care if you have a boyfriend because I am in another country. You are free (libre) and not mine. I see on facebook that she does have a boyfriend but she is seeking an american husband.
    She's saying something like:
    -When I appear as married on Facebook then that will mean I'm not free.

- So, I mean/ that means I now am ( Single/Free).

So, basically, She's single now and if you ever get to see her marital status on Facebook as "married", that will mean she is not free anymore.

By the way, her spelling is horrible!

5. Likes nordique liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thats why i was having a problem with the translation. i know, she is young (19), thats how the digital age communicates in any language. Chopped up.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

thats why i was having a problem with the translation. i know, she is young (19), thats how the digital age communicates in any language. Chopped up.
    Don't be surprised to learn that's the way they write in nornal life also, their spelling here is very bad, has nothing to do with digital age communications.

Education here in public schools leaves a lot to be desired.

Don

8. Likes pollogringo, Ricky6, Aguaita29 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, setting word chopping aside, you can still tell she has some serious spelling issues. By the way, 19 is not too young for these things; Even if you are 16 you don't write like that If you've had a good education.

10. Likes nordique liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaita29 View Post
    Actually, setting word chopping aside, you can still tell she has some serious spelling issues. By the way, 19 is not too young for these things; Even if you are 16 you don't write like that If you've had a good education.
    I may be wrong, but I'm sure her ability to spell correctly is not what's attracting him to her.

12. Likes DR Mpe, Peterj, 313Buzz, eldanes, Aguaita29 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think leaving off the silent "h" is one of the most common errors you'll see, even in non-texting. (ay for hay, e for he, ablar for hablar, etc.)

You've already figured out k=que

What's so funny is that she's basically telling you how she rolls, and you're still interested.

14. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaita29 View Post
    When I read the lines I knew EXACTLY what she was trying to say. The OP did also, but he was hoping by chance it meant something different.

Since you enjoy making the world a classroom let me help you. A 5 yr old use a word like "good" to describe a noun. When I was in the 9th grade my teacher made me write the word good 100 times so I can get it out of my system. The word "education" is one of the broadest words in the english language it can mean ANYTHING. You read TWO lines of the OP friend on Facebook, not an essay, short story theme etc. but Facebook and you concluded she has spelling issue. Did you win a spelling bee or something?

BTW You could have wrote "If you've had an education" saying a good education is like saying "wet water" Everything in life is NOT " bueno o malo" there is a lot in between.

You of all people should know how challenged the DR school system is and Dominicans do not put a priority on education, but you needed to point out one of your fellow countrymen have trouble spelling to a board with 99.9% non Dominicans. Hey but at least you can spell.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast