Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Baseball Tickets for Licey Game in SD

  1. #1
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Baseball Tickets for Licey Game in SD

    I'm trying to get tickets for a Licey "Round Robin" game this month. Is it possible to buy tickets online? If I can't buy tickets online, can I buy them in advance another way?

    Thanks,
    Helpmann

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just get em at the stadium from scalpers. . . . .I am trying to get back down to see a game or two.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We went to the game last night. We didn't have tickets beforehand and all the good tickets were sold out. We sat around outside the stadium and within minutes had scalpers offering wonderful seats behind home plate. Paid a bit more than face value but it was definitely worth it. If you've never been to a game there, it's definitely a must do. Amazing atmosphere.

  4. #4
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by craigers
    We went to the game last night. We didn't have tickets beforehand and all the good tickets were sold out. We sat around outside the stadium and within minutes had scalpers offering wonderful seats behind home plate. Paid a bit more than face value but it was definitely worth it. If you've never been to a game there, it's definitely a must do. Amazing atmosphere.
    I don't mind buying from scalpers, I just want to be sure that the prices are reasonable and that I'm buying legitimate tickets.

    I need 4-5 tickets and want good seats for next week's playoff game against AC. How much did you pay per ticket? Also, how did you know the tickets were legit?


    Thanks,
    Helpmann

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helpmann
    I don't mind buying from scalpers, I just want to be sure that the prices are reasonable and that I'm buying legitimate tickets.

    I need 4-5 tickets and want good seats for next week's playoff game against AC. How much did you pay per ticket? Also, how did you know the tickets were legit?


    Thanks,
    Helpmann
    I saw the Aguilas vs. Escogido game and I bought tickets from the scalpers, no problems. If you want to make sure, just tell the scalpers to walk with you to the gate and when you go thru, give him the money.

  6. #6
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900
    I saw the Aguilas vs. Escogido game and I bought tickets from the scalpers, no problems. If you want to make sure, just tell the scalpers to walk with you to the gate and when you go thru, give him the money.
    How much more (percentage) did you pay for the scalper tickets?

    -Helpmann

  7. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helpmann
    How much more (percentage) did you pay for the scalper tickets?

    -Helpmann
    I believe I paid face value RD$250 or RD$300, since I didn't know the seating charts and the price of the tickets for those seats I just bought them. I sat in the first row above the nice seats that were roped off and guarded, between third base and home.

  8. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A while ago I paid RD250 per ticket from a scalper for tickets that were RD200 oficially, although it might have helped that the Dominicans accompanying me did the negotiation.

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh yeah, try and get to the stadium early due to the fact that Licey & Aguilas are hot rivals and two of the best teams. You should also consider calling them, their website has the phone number for boletas. Looking on their site, prices are $RD350 for AA, B1, B2 Red & $RD600 Palcos A Yellow

    buen suerte
    Last edited by Ricardo900; 01-04-2006 at 03:29 PM.

  10. #10
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900
    Oh yeah, try and get to the stadium early due to the fact that Licey & Aguilas are hot rivals and two of the best teams. You should also consider calling them, their website has the phone number for boletas.

    buen suerte
    Thanks again!

    -Helpmann

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •