Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I buy an Orange sim card online?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by morlandg View Post
    Now that makes more sense! So in the 3 months after the calling card has expired but before the number has been removed from the system, can I reactivate the number?
    yes you can, as long it is between that 3 months period the number is still in your name and in the system.
    Just dont forget to go directly to orange, no to one of theirs retailers..

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ran into this problem at the Orange Store in Boca Chica-I have been there twice before and got SIM cards-this time they said I could not get another one and would have to go to SDQ to the main office to get my account cleared. They check your passport # and I guess if you have 2 SIMS they lock you out. I am only down twice a year and my SIMS expired. I was able to find somebody without an orange account and they activated my phone. But still kind of a pain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy Claro prepaid sim?

Hello. I will need 2 prepaid sim cards for local D.R. use. Don't plan on calling long distance. Just need it to communicate with the other person that I am staying there with. Mostly texting.

I will be going to the Punta Cana region, and heard that Claro has a better and more consistent signal than Orange for this area. Any truth to this?

Does Claro have their own booths like Orange? Should I pick them up at the Punta Cana airport? I will be staying at the Grand Paradise Bavaro. Any Claro booths in this area? Should I pay in USD or DOP for it?

Thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is our best move Claro or Orange?

Quote Originally Posted by dukes1963 View Post
    I just ran into this problem at the Orange Store in Boca Chica-I have been there twice before and got SIM cards-this time they said I could not get another one and would have to go to SDQ to the main office to get my account cleared. They check your passport # and I guess if you have 2 SIMS they lock you out. I am only down twice a year and my SIMS expired. I was able to find somebody without an orange account and they activated my phone. But still kind of a pain
    This is the same info they gave my wife when we went down in Dec 08. We had been there previously in June 08. So what do you after 2 activations. We got the phone and activation in an Orange store in Puerto Plata. This seems like a stupid rule. We plan on going back in July 09. Should we switch over to Claro. The phone seemed to work okay we stay in Costambar. Any help is appreciated.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was in the States, I bought a Sony Ericsson cell phone from AT&T with $100 worth of time, good for one year. I have another Sony Ericsson here with Orange. When I tried switching the SIM cards, it didn't work, thereby defeating my ability to use my new phone here.
    Is there anyway i can get my Orange Sim Card to work with the new phone? Do I need to take it to an Orange Shop. or what??

Texas Bill

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to get the phone "unlocked". Take it to an independent phone shop, and the "technico" will fix you up for a few hundred pesos.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

@dukes1963
    With Orange you can have up to 3 phonenumbers.
    If you do not charge the card, after a while the number get lost.
    The time depends on the value of RDS you charge. Maximum is three month.
    Solution: find a local person who take care and use the chip once in a while, or load the card. Important: It is not enough just loading the card! you mus tmake min. 1 call!
    Example: my friend is away for 6 month per year. I buy every month for 100 RDS a phonecard and load the phone, make just one call. The miutes accumulate and when he is back he has plenty money for calls.
    Maybe a business idea? Sim-Card-sitter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12