Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letter of Invitation to Canada - Question!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who has posted some helpful information!
    I am still open to other suggestions and advice!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tink!

Great advice!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

One more....
    Did anyone need to have the invitation letter, or police cetificates notarized by a notary public?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

nope, doesn't need to be notarized. And you don't need a police check- very very rarely will someone be asked to provide a police record check for a visitors visa. They state in the application instructions that a police record check and/or medical exam can be requested by the immigration officer, but unless there are extenuating circumstances, they won't be requested. Nothing we sent was notarized.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tink!
    I think we are ready to start getting things together, thank to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I have something to add to this.. Okay so should I write a letter of invitation to invite my husband to come and visit us in Canada. I am a SAHM and don't have an income but will be start working in May 2011. My husband will come to stay with us .. (me and his kids).. Should I get other people to write letters of invitation of people we will visit?
    I am living in Canada now and my husband is in DR. We just sent in the application for PR. we have 2 kids together and he has had a TRV in 2009 for Canada.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Charliegirl. I think you should write the invitation letter to invite your husband. Just explain where he will be staying while there, what he'll be doing, and if you'll be working while he comes (because then he can be the SAHD) explain where you'll be working too. In the letter/application u will explain some of the people u will be seeing, but I don't think it's necessary for them to write an invitation letter. He will be there to be with you and your kids. That's the reason for him coming... not to see the other people. They're just the added bonus!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12