Insider Secrets To Cheap Flights and Hotel Reservations
The airlines downsized me with no warning, so I wrote this guide to get even. You will be outraged when you learn the truth about how much you are being overcharged by the airlines, hotels etc.

Downsized Travel Agent Reveals ALL!


August 4, 2015
  • Bonao has a new tourist attraction
  • Kviar Casino and Ocean World Bistro open in Cofresi
  • Half year tourism stats
  • New installations at Los Tres Ojos
Bonao has a new tourist attraction
The central city of Bonao, located an hour north of Santo Domingo, has a new attraction commemorating the history of radio and television in the Dominican Republic.
History lovers can learn about how radio got its start in 1943 in the Dominican Republic. A working replica of the station that would be 73 years old today, La Voz del Yuna has been set up as well as a museum that commemorates the first radio station. The station is broadcasting cultural programming at 1670 AM.
See the station as it was set up by Jose Arismendy (alias Petan) Trujillo Molina during the era of his brother, Dictator Rafael Trujillo Molina.
The radio station would later be relocated to Santo Domingo in 1947. In 1951 a new building was prepared for the radio station and the first Dominican TV station would be added at the same location at Dr. Tejada Florentino 8 street in Villa Consuelo. Today the radio station and TV station operate as Corporacion Estatal de Radio y Television (CERTV).
Historic records indicate that the first Dominican TV telecast was on 1 August 1952. At the time the DR became only the third country in Latin America to have TV, after Mexico and Cuba. In 1953 the name was changed from La Voz del Yuna to that of La Voz Dominicana.
President Danilo Medina himself was in Bonao on Sunday, 2 August to Bonao for the official opening of the replica and the museum.
http://presidencia.gob.do/noticias/presidente-encabeza-en-bonao-inauguracion-de-replica-y-museo-la-voz-del-yuna
Kviar Casino and Ocean World Bistro open in Cofresi
The casino at Ocean World in Cofresi, Puerto Plata is open again to the public, 7pm to 4am daily. The casino is now under Kviar, a company that operates several casinos on the island.
Also new at Ocean World entertainment complex is the Ocean World Bistro, just behind the Ocean World Terrace. The bistro will be open Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 6pm to 11pm. While it is designed for dinner for Bravissimo show guests, it is open to the general public. A 3-course dinner with two to four choices in each round goes for RD$950 inclusive of all taxes and gratuities (drinks are extra). The options include grilled steak and lobster medallions in herb and garlic sauce.
There is outside seating and also a lounge/bar for drinks at the Bistro, overlooking the marina.
http://dr1.com/directories/Ocean-World-Adventure-Park.html
Half year tourism stats
94.8% of non-resident travelers to the Dominican Republic from January to June 2015 came for leisure, according to the half-year report of the Central Bank Tourism Research Department. Of these 93.4% stayed at hotels. This is reflected also by the fact that 66.8% of all visitors are arriving by the Punta Cana International Airport, main gateway for tourists seeking rest and relaxation vacations at one of the dozens of all-inclusive resorts in the area.
The Central Bank Tourism Research Department also reveals 57.6% of tourists visiting the Dominican Republic during the same period were in the age range of 21 to 49 years. Arrival by gender is almost equal, with 50.8% being female tourists and 49.2% male.
New installations at Los Tres Ojos
The Ministry of Environment has inaugurated new installations at the Three Eyes (Los Tres Ojos) natural monument in Santo Domingo east. The renovations were carried out with RD$2 million provided by the United Nations Development Fund.
Environment Minister Bautista Rojas Gomez and the representative in the country of the United Nations Development Fund, Lorenzo Jimenez de Luis attended the opening last week.
The new installations at the park include a square for sales of local works of art, the reconditioning of the trails, the entrance and the garden and the replacement of the signage. In addition the guides have been trained so that they can offer better service to visitors.

Advertise FAQ News Archives Unsubscribe Home Page