Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BHD handing out FAKE $50.00 US bill

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BHD handing out FAKE $50.00 US bill

A couple of weeks ago I went to the BHD that is in the 27 febrero, Santiago; took out $300 from my account .... 3 days later when I went to change $ their was a "micky" but after 3 days I know that my case will not hold water, but being how I am I wanted them to at least hear my point. They heard me and at the end they stated that their tellers are "well trained in spotting fake bills"....I guess I'm the liar.
    2 weeks go bye and the bank calls me because they realized that in Sept. 2011 they made a mistake and credited my account with $262.00 US...YES their is a GOD
    Well its been 3 weeks and they still want to talk to me but I said "I'll investigate my end when you investigate you end with the FAKE bill"; their still calling me but since their employees are "well trained"
    Will update as this soap opera goes... for your info its the texture of the paper that's fake.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know! Thanks for posting!!

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I went to the BHD that is in the 27 febrero, Santiago; took out $300 from my account .... 3 days later when I went to change $ their was a "micky" but after 3 days I know that my case will not hold water, but being how I am I wanted them to at least hear my point. They heard me and at the end they stated that their tellers are "well trained in spotting fake bills"....I guess I'm the liar.
    2 weeks go bye and the bank calls me because they realized that in Sept. 2011 they made a mistake and credited my account with $262.00 US...YES their is a GOD
    Well its been 3 weeks and they still want to talk to me but I said "I'll investigate my end when you investigate you end with the FAKE bill"; their still calling me but since their employees are "well trained"
    Will update as this soap opera goes... for your info its the texture of the paper that's fake.
    Scotia incorrectly credited me 75,000dop when actually I withdrew that amount creating a 150,000 swing in my favor. Do you think there was any chance at all that it would be rectified (as i agree it should) I only found out whe i could access my account from ATM or other branches, they informed me I had to go to my branch. This is where I found out and had to sign-off on the mistake. If I didnt my account would remain frozen

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

freeze my account...that's what lawyers are for; especially if their your friends and love to make a commotion to bring attention; I don't think the bank wants attention; you would be surprise how many banks like to sweep mistakes they do under the table so that know one knows how inefficient they are.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to my safe real quick to see what's up, unfortunately I don't have 50 bills on me.. and my American History knowledge is not there but who is that dude!?!?!? I could've swear that in all the time I had USA dollars with me I have never seen that dude!

And what about the American flag on the bill!?

Go to their bank, show them this topic and show them that you going to warn a lot of people about them.. that should make them re-think their tactic.

BUT, I DON'T KNOW YOU AND THEY DON'T KNOW YOU ALSO.. MAYBE YOU JUST FCKD UP SOMEWHERE ELSE AND JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO WE AND THEY HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT IT'S THEIR FAULT!?!?!?

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Another example of why I and many others recommend keeping your money in an account in your home country an get the cash you need by going to a banco de cambio and writing a check on that account.

7. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imfromda305 View Post
    I went to my safe real quick to see what's up, unfortunately I don't have 50 bills on me.. and my American History knowledge is not there but who is that dude!?!?!? I could've swear that in all the time I had USA dollars with me I have never seen that dude!
    It is the right "dude"

New $50 bill begins circulating - Business - US business - msnbc.com

9. Likes imfromda305 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I'm sitting here SMH, I've never in my life seen this bill and I never was aware of the fact they put the American flag with colors on the bills. And it has been out since 2004? Well, I've only been living in Miami for 3 or 4 years but still.. thanks for the update because I would've act a fool if someone would hand me this bill.

So I come to a Dominican site to learn about DR, and I learn a thing or two about the States!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imfromda305 View Post
    I'm sitting here SMH, I've never in my life seen this bill and I never was aware of the fact they put the American flag with colors on the bills. And it has been out since 2004? Well, I've only been living in Miami for 3 or 4 years but still.. thanks for the update because I would've act a fool if someone would hand me this bill.

So I come to a Dominican site to learn about DR, and I learn a thing or two about the States!
    In the DR I've had diificulty with the old bills without the flags. They show me the picture and say the old bills are no good. I find it easier to only bring new bills to the DR than risk an argument.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    What is confusing to me is how to tell when an article like that that you linked to was written. I think I've seen those bills before, so is the article from 2010???
    Der Fish

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast