Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Santiago travel advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Santiago travel advice

hi - tried searching for these answers but couldn't find exactly what I needed so apologies if this gets asked a million times...

landing in Santiago at 1 a.m. Going to spend the night and leaving for Carabrete next morning...

1) take metro or caribe bus? I know metro supposed to be a bit faster b/c it doesn't make 2nd stop in santiago, but I also know that caribe stops a bit outside sousa proper - any difference in cost/distance in getting from sousa to carabrete depending on which bus you take?

2) what is a good reasonably priced safe hotel in Los Jardines close to the bus terminals? something that takes reservations online. I know there are cabanas by airport but think we prefer to sleep closer to bus for next a.m.

thanks in advance!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

1) If you're going on to Cabarete, either bus is fine. The metro stop in Sosua is a little closer to Cabarete but if you're taking a taxi to Cabarete it doesn't really matter. Metro is 20-30 pesos more. If you plan to take a publico/carrito (public car) to Cabarete, definitely take Metro as it leaves you off directly across the street from the publico terminal

2) Hotel Las Jardines is your best bet....they have a website and take reservations, just search the name here and you'll get their info.

3. Likes latitude19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't improve on that. Both are just a brisk walk from the hotel. First Caribe Tours then comes Metro, maybe 100 yards further up the street (Maimon Street)

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using Caribe Tours, use more then just a T-shirt, its cold in those busses. It is normal to hear alot of dominicans with running noses on the way to/from Pop. Also there is a smell some may react to. Other then that never had a problem with CT, except I do not always like the driving. Going at like 100 km/h on dark and at times bad standard Dominican roads, is not what I call safe driving.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    If you are using Caribe Tours, use more then just a T-shirt, its cold in those busses. It is normal to hear alot of dominicans with running noses on the way to/from Pop. Also there is a smell some may react to. Other then that never had a problem with CT, except I do not always like the driving. Going at like 100 km/h on dark and at times bad standard Dominican roads, is not what I call safe driving.
    Hey, not everyone on those buses are Dominicans! If you doin't like sitting next to people why don't you do everyone a favor and rent an car!

7. Likes Jetblue Flight 811, belmont liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xwill View Post
    Hey, not everyone on those buses are Dominicans! If you doin't like sitting next to people why don't you do everyone a favor and rent an car!
    Please show me where he/she states that they don't like "sitting next to people".

Get a life and stop trying to pick a fight.

SHALENA

9. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Dislikes xwill disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    Please show me where he/she states that they don't like "sitting next to people".

SHALENA
    Look @ you Miss Embajadora!

11. Likes xwill liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post

SHALENA
    I am not picking a fight. This person does not like runny noses and does not know that everyone on the bus is not Dominican. There are tourists and illegals on those buses.*

You must like people talking trash about Dominicans...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Interpretation, Interpretation..................

I believe what Norway said and referred to was:

BECAUSE it's so cold on the bus, people are getting sick, therefore, it's advised to wear something to keep you warm.

We are in the Dominican Republic, what did you expect Norway to say? "A lot of Eskimos with running noses...."

True, it would have been more PC to say, "A lot of people with running noses......"
    But not everyone is a politician, THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!! (Whoever, whatever that may be)

Everyone is so confrontational lately (Oops, now everyone will misinterpret that).

Relax children,

oh, and don't forget to wear something warm on the bus!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

now now boys, let's not get your runny noses in a bunch......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast