Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dominican Flu

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Flu

What's up with the cold/flu/upper respiratory stuff floating around down there? I just got back and brought it here with me and I'm sicker than hell. Others had it down there and said they caught it down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Chris,Maybe you caught it from someone you ate????

Remember,"You Are What You Eat"! Especially in Sosua!!!!!!!!!!!Am I the next victim? I was only a few steps behind you last weekend! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody I know has had the flu in the past few weeks, me included. It knocks you about for a few days

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua flu ??

We just returned from Sosua on the 24th September and we have both been ill since getting back. Flu symptoms etc...
    Although I'd rather be sitting down on the beach in Sosua or Cabarete feeling like this, than sitting here at work in Southwestern Ontario

Tony and Janis

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wrong month

See this flu also confuses you about the dates .... LOL . I meant to say the 24th August ....

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

What were the symptoms? Just curious. Alba came back Thursday night, and left Friday. Then Friday night for 24 hours spent the whole time in bed with fever, dizziness, and sore joints. Been OK since Sunday, but I still am extremely dizzy. Move to fast and the world spins and I grab the nearest chair, wall, Sosua-girl, etc. for support. Sound familiar or something else?

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
    Not the part about grabbing the nearest Sosua girl, Crisco. I know that probably sounds familiar to you but absent the other symptoms your recollection that that's happened to you is not information of benefit to me... ::: smile ::

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed that actual (as opposed to imagined by the hypochondriacal Dominicans) isn't even more common. They eat few green veggies (probably the best vitamin source), seldom wash their hands, and blow their noses into their hands often (never a handkerchief).

Another common health problem of theirs, back and kidney, must surely be exacerbated by their large sugar consumption. Coffee that they serve is already too sweet (for me, at least), but they then add tons to theirs. The same is true for other drinks such as orange juice. Then there is beer and rum.

ditz
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's this one called?

I love the names given to the strains of flus down there. I remember when "Kosovo" (how un-PC) made its rounds, and I myself was stricken with "El Aplastador" and the dreaded "El Paquetazo", named for the unpopular new taxes. Hee.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Owdumlad & Er Indoors,
    Remembering what we all managed to put away whilst you were here, and that's outside of your AI!!! You're probably suffering from the Presidente Flu, the Brugal Flu, the Vino Tinto Flu and any other you care to mention! We feel like that every morning!!! It's tough in the tropics!!
    Now get back to work and stop feeling sorry for yourself?
    Peter & Alex

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been to an AI and don't intend to either. I guess that makes for more exposure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast