Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountainannie's Blog

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pi2 View Post
    Much of the water in the DR is potable. Otherwise exposure to UV or short boil or addition of chemicals and its good.

Like in the US if there is no potable drinking water it is obtainable at 50c to 1 dollar 20 for 5 gallons.

Contracts? most people have regular work and do not worry about such things.

pi2

i am talking about HAITI where there is often no running water, potable or not

people often have to go 45 minutes to carry water

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    Frank-- PLEASE spare me from sainthood! I am rife with all the seven deadly sins and some of them I am quite enjoying and intend to keep, thank you very much! I am LOVING my life here. I get onto my email in my jamies in my bed every morning with my coffee and am in contact with the folks who love HAiti and we try to figure out something positive.

I just had the great good fortune to fall into the hands of the Quakers at an early age. My family was rich and they had the best schools .. like Sidwell Friends in DC where both Clinton and Obama sent their kids.. And the Quakers are MASTER educators.. they just train you to "find your call that is all in all"

My grand mother's grandmother, Josephine Sophia Griffing, founded the Freedman's Beaureau in DC after the Civil War and I have been marching for racial harmony since 1962 so perhaps it is just in my blood.

But no missionary stuff for me, thanks anyway!

I followed this link back from my blog this morning and was pleased to note that indeed there was a time when I was loving my life here

however..

now

i see that there is an absolute collusion and shambles on the Haitian front.. that includes the United States, MINUSTAH, ALL the International AID workers, just EVERYONE

and we are EXPECTING

ANOTHER

DEAD HAITIANS

this year

now that is as many as died in the earthquake

and this is two years out from the earthquake

so I am no longer loving my life here

i was busy, you see, cleaning up the mess over here,.. what with the narco trafficantes and all

and i figured that what with ALL of you over there, SURELY you would have figured this one out?

I MEAN CHOLERA!!

which means that the rivers are polluted
    which means that they need water

which means you must get up to the head of the water and run pipes

but leonel is so busy handing out contracts
    and the red cross is so busy figuring out how to protect their income stream
    and paul farmer is so busy with his publicity machine

and mickey is so busy having cocktails with sean penn

that i have bought a boat

kiss my ass i bought a boat

i am goin out to sea

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ma,

where are you getting the 200k figure from?

Sounds a bit old testament for such a small country.

I have not been on Corbett's list for some time - getting most of my news through Facebook these days.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/wo...pagewanted=all

pedro.. there was a huge scream out on the 200k figure but do know or expect that it was publically released....but that is the figure

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

if you follow along the time line of my blog you will see that i was working first with the Haitians up in LT who had kwashikoor last summer.. then with Interpol on the narcotrafficantes from August til Dec... so I really had had no time to check on Haiti . I just assumed what with all that talent and brains and money combined, some sort of progress was being made.

But I can never underestimate the stupidity of men sitting inside of rectangles. Instead of progress, we have moved backwards.

Now we have the sole figure of the remants of the Haitian state tottering.

Cholera.

About 15000 armed, uniformed, unidentified mercenary reportable to no known person roaming the streets and the entries to public buildings

and the Haitian government is launching a logo campaign for tourism

The radical leftest priest is rumbling revolution again

the drug dealer trained in Ecuador is right beside him

MINUSTAH having brought Cholera to the Island, continues to deny any responsiblity and continues to occupy at great international expense, importing its food from the Dominican Republic, occupying the best hotels in Ft Liberte, flirting on the internet,

Relief net posts ALL the cholera treatment centers from all aid workers who are set up in place to deal with the victims who will surely come

the red cross used its 10 million dollar donation to buy prime land downtown where it plans to build a hotel to ensure its income stream

the top missionary is selling recycled garbage clothing on vogue

the best plan so far is for a korean sweat shop with workers housing with pit toilets

damn!!

sure is lucky that none of that aid money fell into the hands of WYCLEF

he might have misued it

6. Likes wishingiwasthere liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say - "I feel your pain - passion and frustration" - sadly im not really in a position to help at all. But i "feel" you.

pi2
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    if you follow along the time line of my blog you will see that i was working first with the Haitians up in LT who had kwashikoor last summer.. then with Interpol on the narcotrafficantes from August til Dec... so I really had had no time to check on Haiti . I just assumed what with all that talent and brains and money combined, some sort of progress was being made.

But I can never underestimate the stupidity of men sitting inside of rectangles. Instead of progress, we have moved backwards.

Now we have the sole figure of the remants of the Haitian state tottering.

Cholera.

About 15000 armed, uniformed, unidentified mercenary reportable to no known person roaming the streets and the entries to public buildings

and the Haitian government is launching a logo campaign for tourism

The radical leftest priest is rumbling revolution again

the drug dealer trained in Ecuador is right beside him

MINUSTAH having brought Cholera to the Island, continues to deny any responsiblity and continues to occupy at great international expense, importing its food from the Dominican Republic, occupying the best hotels in Ft Liberte, flirting on the internet,

Relief net posts ALL the cholera treatment centers from all aid workers who are set up in place to deal with the victims who will surely come

the red cross used its 10 million dollar donation to buy prime land downtown where it plans to build a hotel to ensure its income stream

the top missionary is selling recycled garbage clothing on vogue

the best plan so far is for a korean sweat shop with workers housing with pit toilets

damn!!

sure is lucky that none of that aid money fell into the hands of WYCLEF

he might have misued it
    No escaping planet earth and mans continuing inhumanity to man.

Only Sweden and the UK are increasing aid budgets this year.

EUROPA - Press Releases - 2010 European aid report: read how EU's action helps the poorest countries to develop

US aid continues at a very low level in proportion to GNI. Just .21 % of GNI.

Official development assistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pi2

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

@Pi2

Foreign aid has been flowing into Haiti for 80 years.

Perhaps it is not working?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pedrochemical View Post
    @Pi2

Foreign aid has been flowing into Haiti for 80 years.

Perhaps it is not working?
    damn straight it is not working

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it is not the size of the aid budget

it is their inability to figure out how to use it

the aid organizations are top down, militaristic, patriarchal

one of the very first consulants into Haiti

called in by the OAS

took time to make a date over the internet with a whore

fortunately,l he was kidnapped, his driver was killed, and he was held for 75k ransom.

this aid thing is a racquet.. just another form of colonization

where the rich people get donations and hire folks from Urugauy to do the work on the ground

the big nations contribute no boots on the ground

the only white skin that is broiling in the sun is IRISH

so far
    That is what i see

Everyone but the IRISH are absent

no FRENCH
    no Quebecois
    No Canadians
    No Americans

No British

did i say

NO FRENCH?