Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New renewal procedures for Pemanent-Residents(under 10 year residency) ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New renewal procedures for Pemanent-Residents(under 10 year residency) ?

So I have to Renew my Permanent-Residency in October and since Im currently in South-America the earliest return to the Dominican-Republic for me would be around mid September.
    What happens to me, would I get it all done in one visit, or did Dominican Migracion just find a way to make my Lawyer richer ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess no one would have this information off-hand until after the August deadline passes and someone tries to Renew their Permanent-Residency.
    The last time (almost 2 years ago) that I renewed my Permanent-Residency it was a breeze.

I always felt that its not much of a PERMANENT-residency if I have to renew it every 2 years, its more like a 2 year residency.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I just renew a week ago totally done in three hours , get there early 8 in the morning .out by 11 if you pay for the fast track same day 1000 pesos more IF ANY ONE HAS AN EXPIRED RESIDENCY AND WANTS TO RE NEW GET THERE ASAP BEFORE END OF FIRST WEEK IN AUG OR YOU LOSE COMPLETE RESIDENCY STATUS AND HAVE TO GET VISA IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY AND START THE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN WITH MORE HASSLES AND COSTS BUILT IN

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arrugala View Post
    I just renew a week ago totally done in three hours , get there early 8 in the morning .out by 11 if you pay for the fast track same day 1000 pesos more IF ANY ONE HAS AN EXPIRED RESIDENCY AND WANTS TO RE NEW GET THERE ASAP BEFORE END OF FIRST WEEK IN AUG OR YOU LOSE COMPLETE RESIDENCY STATUS AND HAVE TO GET VISA IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY AND START THE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN WITH MORE HASSLES AND COSTS BUILT IN

My Permanent-Residency expires in October and the earliest I could return to the Dominican-Republic would be in mid-September, are you saying if I dont Renew it right-now then Im done as a Permanent-Resident forever ???

This would prove the point I made in my second post that we were never really PERMANENT-residents but only 2 year residents at a time.

If thats realy the case then Im done with the Dominican-Republic for good.

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hispanola View Post
    My Permanent-Residency expires in October and the earliest I could return to the Dominican-Republic would be in mid-September, are you saying if I dont Renew it right-now then Im done as a Permanent-Resident forever ???

This would prove the point I made in my second post that we were never really PERMANENT-residents but only 2 year residents at a time.

If thats realy the case then Im done with the Dominican-Republic for good.
    NO, that is not what was said. Take a deep breath and read it again. The statement,in all caps even, was that if your residency is EXPIRED you must renew before end of first week in August.

Your residency has not expired. Return in mid-September and renew your residency before the October expiration date and you will be fine.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Your residency has not expired. Return in mid-September and renew your residency before the October expiration date and you will be fine.
    Thank-You for clearing that up for me, it makes a big differance for me now.

I will now have P-R for another 2 years.

But after that particular renewal (in my case in September), all future 2 year renewals will be according to the new laws, OR will I ALWAYS fall under the old law and be able to renew it in one day without any hassles like; medicals etc.... ?

Thank-you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Could the Lawyers of this Forum please confirm the last advice that was given to me by Ken.

That although my P-R expires in October I am OK as long as I renew it any time before the expiration day which is in October.
    I will not have to go through any new procedures, but simply show-up at Migracion with my Cedula and Passport and be done in a couple of hours, like before ?

I am still getting conflicting advice in another thread.

Thank You kindly.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no new regulations at present for renewing on time ! Only new regulations for expired residences ,period that be terminated as of the first week in August unless they get their butt their before . Also Cedulas expired I heard ,have until the end of dec to renew and get discounted penalties.

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hispanola View Post
    Could the Lawyers of this Forum please confirm the last advice that was given to me by Ken.

That although my P-R expires in October I am OK as long as I renew it any time before the expiration day which is in October.
    I will not have to go through any new procedures, but simply show-up at Migracion with my Cedula and Passport and be done in a couple of hours, like before ?

I am still getting conflicting advice in another thread.

Thank You kindly.
    There was a post in another thread by somebody who renewed on Friday, July 27. There were changes in that you now must pass by a desk that lets you into immigration rather than walking directly in as before, and they fingerprinted him. Other than that, the same. He was in about 8 and out about 11.

Please post the link to the conflicting advice so we can see who is causing your confusion?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Permanent residents must renew their residency card after one year; subsequent cards will
    be renewable every four years, except for retirees and rentistas who must renew every two years.
    After ten years, permanent residents will be issued a definitive residency card, not subject to renewal.
    An annual residency fee, however, will still have to be paid.
    An applicant wishing to renew his/her temporary or permanent residency must provide the
    Immigration Department with a passport valid for at least 18 months, residency card, cdula,
    pictures, local police certificate, letter of guarantee, etc. To renew his/her permanent residency, the
    applicant must also undergo a new medical exam, and justify that the conditions under which
    residency was originally granted have not changed (employment, investment, pension, etc.).

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast