Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: importing classic cars?

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Question importing classic cars?

i know there is a restriction on cars older than 5 years, but is there an exception on classis cars? say older that 20 years or something? i'm asking because here in Ontario cars older than 20 years have "antique" or "collector" car status. thanks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep this thread alive in hopes that someone has the answer. I also have a 50 year old British roadster that I would like to bring with me some day.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, British Roadsters.. What do you have?
    Brings back memories of my days of buying and restoring the little monsters..
    I've rebuilt various Triumph TR-3a's, TR250, Spitfires, a Stag, TR-6, GT-6, Austin Healey MK3, MGB's, A sunbeam Tiger, and ugh, what else.....
    I'm glad I can't get parts for those things here easily. That broke me of a nasty, $$ consuming habit...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones
    Ah yes, British Roadsters.. What do you have?
    Brings back memories of my days of buying and restoring the little monsters..
    I've rebuilt various Triumph TR-3a's, TR250, Spitfires, a Stag, TR-6, GT-6, Austin Healey MK3, MGB's, A sunbeam Tiger, and ugh, what else.....
    I'm glad I can't get parts for those things here easily. That broke me of a nasty, $$ consuming habit...
    I have a 1954 MGTF, it would be perfect for the island.

Perhaps I shouldn't tell you this, but I get my parts from Moss motors, they will ship anywhere.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! Don't you find them a tad expensive? Although they were a reliable source for parts.
    Myself, I dealt almost exclusively with the Roadster Factory. Surely I must be a partial owner of that company now. I have spent some serious money with them.
    Their website is the-roadster-factory.com
    IMHO, The perfect vehicle for the island would be a Sherman Tank....

DEV
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A sherman Tank WITH a Train horn.

DEV

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

A Nathan train horn, if you will.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Myself

Quote Originally Posted by DEV
    A sherman Tank WITH a Train horn.

DEV
    Always liked the idea of a state sand truck with a vee snow blade! would be just the thing for Motorcycles, publico's and traffic jams

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor
    Always liked the idea of a state sand truck with a vee snow blade! would be just the thing for Motorcycles, publico's and traffic jams
    even with that awesome front end.....it just wouldnt be DOMINICAN now would it if it didnt have a mega horm.....an automatic one at that...every 30 seconds weather its needed or not!

well i am wanting to hear about the probability of bringing in an older vehicle...if that answer is frothcoming

I wonder if it is to make people buy new vehicles here in stead of buying over seas and shipping.... because many cars are not even paid for in 3 or 4 years..... so the car still needs to be paid off, and then you get hit with the heavy tax..........

where as an older car you already own....you could ship and just pay the tax alone......much better than buying another here at total cost.

bob

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Sosua a couple of weeks ago and saw a 1955 chevy pickup that was in decent shape.
    I could tell it spend most of its life in the states...maybe you could track down the owner and find out some info.
    It is usually parked in the vacant lot on Pedro Clisante near all the bars.

It is light blue in colour with aftermarket rims on it.
    Hifiman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast