Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Deslindes will be mandatory beginning April 2009

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ken2 View Post
    Ok, got my answer in a conversation with Julio Brea, the manager of the Sosua office of Fabio's law firm. El Neptuno, where I live, does not need a deslinde. Only new condominiums, not old condominiums like ours.

This is not what somebody from Santiago told us yesterday, but most likely he was trying to drum up work.
    Thank you Ken2,
    I have been wondering the same thing for some time now. So just to clarify; I have a condo in Cabarete in the Renaissance complex and as such I do not need a deslinde for my unit?

CW

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanWest View Post
    Thank you Ken2,
    I have been wondering the same thing for some time now. So just to clarify; I have a condo in Cabarete in the Renaissance complex and as such I do not need a deslinde for my unit?
    CW, I don't know the Renaissance complex so can't understand it. But what I understand that when it was passed it was for future condominiums, not old ones like El Neptuno where I live.

According to a post by Fabio in the thread, the law went into effect in April 2007. Whether it was for condos after that, I don't know. All I know for sure is that it does not apply to us. El Neptuno is about 25 years old.

How old is the Renaissance complex?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It was originally a hotel and 15 years ago completely remodeled and turned into condos.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am familiar with El Neptuno. It's a very nice complex. I stayed there the first time I came to the DR. Thanks for the reply.

CW

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanWest View Post
    It was originally a hotel and 15 years ago completely remodeled and turned into condos.
    No, I don't think you have to worry about deslinde

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678