Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inverter Batteries

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inverter Batteries

Does anyone know where to purchase good batteries at a good price in Santo Domingo? Thanks- need 4.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought this model:
    http://www.powbat.com/acro-file/slf-12205.pdf.

You can get this in DIGITAL TV C/ Proyecto No. 4 Urb Constelación. Phone 809-563-6446. To get this address you should go by the Los Próceres Ave. (the continuation of Luperón Ave.)
    Last edited by Eddyx; 01-18-2006 at 08:51 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Eddy

I'm new at this. Would you say these are better than the trace batteries and do you remember what they cost? Thanks again.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They are much better than Trace, because they don't need maintenance and are designed for 10 years of use. The cost is RD$7,000 each, but if you need 4 trace, with this one just will need 2. Also, avoid the pollution with lead in indoor areas.
    Last edited by Eddyx; 01-18-2006 at 08:50 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again. I'll have my wife give them a call.

SKY
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Trace, the inverter company does not make batteries. An electrician friend of mine who has worked in the D.R. for ten years told me he once checked with the parent company of Trace about some “Trace” batteries. He was told they were not from the Trace company,as they don’t sell batteries, only inverters. Someone is using the name.

Trojan makes the best batteries according to my friend. You can get them in Pricemart for about $75.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Am Trying To Learn MORE About The "Gel Filled" Batteries!

They "sound" just about "To Good To Be True" for "Inversor" use!
    They are commonly used in "Boats",motorcycles,"Ski-Doos" aand "things" that don't just stay on the "straight & Narrow" like cars usually do! Maybe they are used in "Aircraft" which also turn "up-side-down" from time to time.
    Anyway,Even if the initial cost is double,or even triple ,what a "Normal" deep cycle batery used in an inverter system in the DR.costs,if it is
    Maintenence Free",and last "up to 10 years" it would be fantastic!!!
    What I would need to be 100% sure of before I buy 4 or 8 of the "Gel Filled" batteries is,Where's the "PROOF" that they will last 10 years??? "Up To",can mean "One Year","Five Years",or "Ten Years"!!!!!

I am back to the "NET" to see what more I can find.I wwould love to hear much more about these batteries,and they use with invertors!
    CCCCCCCCC
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddyx
    I recently bought this model:
    http://www.powbat.com/acro-file/slf-12205.pdf.

You can get this in DIGITAL TV C/ Proyecto No. 4 Urb Constelación. Phone 809-563-6446. To get this address you should go by the Los Próceres Ave. (the continuation of Luperón Ave.)

I bought one recently. I can't believe this outfit operates from a tiny hole-on-the-wall outlet, in an out-of-the-way barrio, and on an off-the-beaten-track side-street from the main road. I paid a couple of strong Haitian hands (from a construction site down the street) to carry the 120 lbs battery up four flights of stairs to my apartment. However, I'm very happy with the battery, which is connected to an automatic 500W inverter. Considering I'm having regular 'apagones' of up to six plus hours daily, something unheard previously in this barrio (Bella Vista).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon
    They "sound" just about "To Good To Be True" for "Inversor" use!
    They are commonly used in "Boats",motorcycles,"Ski-Doos" aand "things" that don't just stay on the "straight & Narrow" like cars usually do! Maybe they are used in "Aircraft" which also turn "up-side-down" from time to time.
    Anyway,Even if the initial cost is double,or even triple ,what a "Normal" deep cycle batery used in an inverter system in the DR.costs,if it is
    Maintenence Free",and last "up to 10 years" it would be fantastic!!!
    What I would need to be 100% sure of before I buy 4 or 8 of the "Gel Filled" batteries is,Where's the "PROOF" that they will last 10 years??? "Up To",can mean "One Year","Five Years",or "Ten Years"!!!!!

I am back to the "NET" to see what more I can find.I wwould love to hear much more about these batteries,and they use with invertors!
    CCCCCCCCC
    Agreed. They do sound good, but for the price it would be nice to have more feed back.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY
    Trace, the inverter company does not make batteries. An electrician friend of mine who has worked in the D.R. for ten years told me he once checked with the parent company of Trace about some “Trace” batteries. He was told they were not from the Trace company,as they don’t sell batteries, only inverters. Someone is using the name.

Trojan makes the best batteries according to my friend. You can get them in Pricemart for about $75.
    Trace is now Xantrex. This is the website now http://www.xantrex.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast