Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cruise Ship Port in Puerto Plata

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    Come back to this thread in four years and see how nothing was built. But there will be another set of pics with President Fernandez and vice president Felix at the ribbon cutting to commence the ground breaking.
    They are already working in the project at Maimon...

Not only that, but the first ship is expected to arrive in December 2013...

But that's not even the only or cruise ship for port to be under construction in the DR already!

The group behind the San Souci project already finalized the move of the Dominican Armada (former Marina de Guerra) to their new location and work already started on that port facility...

That's apart from also a new cruise ships port for Samana!

5 new marinas for the regular folk with added 2 new ones being municipal and open to the public in general!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the naval base going then??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I suspect Luperon is not using a source, just his experience in things Dominican. Am i correct on that, Luperon?
    As someone else who believes what they see, I hope all goes well with the project.
    I really really hope this project gets done! I am just sour on all projects since Atlantica(the work had already started there as well). My comment is based on nothing but my own speculation and was meant to be funny, at least in my own mind.

And Pichardos pics are starting to make me nauseous, the scrolling necessary to get to the next post is enough to give one an epileptic seizure. Although of course I wish that the new PLD Administration is better than the last.
    Last edited by Luperon; 05-25-2012 at 07:56 AM.

4. Likes mido liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I suspect it will be like any other DR business where the government gets its cut in applicable taxes on the businesses involved and some local people are employed. Why would the local authorities have any more leeway than that in a free market venture?
    well, in some instances, the government can demand concessions from the MNE, in terms of certain basic expectations, such as hiring practices. although the DR government dropped the ball by not putting up at least a part of the funding, it could always demand of the operators to conduct business in such a way as to benefit locals, to a degree. if the operators became obdurate, then the government could tell them to take the ships elsewhere. it is not as though there are going to be great benefits to the local economy , given the current enclave format.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested in hearing any more of the latest factual info on how the maimon project is proceeding ?!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

hi there - im interested in renting a space in the maimon area to sell clothes giftshop type? who do i call, noone seems to know. I drove to maimon last week to plan for the business, i see kiosk being built, who do i call for a space for rent?
    please help. thank you. sabrina

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

hi there, i have been trying to follow this project for over a year. do you know who i would contact to rent a retail space in the maimon port (gift shop) type business. please help, noone seems to know. greatly appreciated.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Has any construction even started yet?

Bob K

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Mikey Arison . Just kidding. if you find out i would like to know also . That has potenchel . Fat americans love to by stuff like that .

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    Mikey Arison . Just kidding. if you find out i would like to know also . That has potenchel . Fat americans love to by stuff like that .
    What means this?

12. Likes ctrob, rice&beans liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast