Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to stay in Cabarete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Places to stay in Cabarete

My buddies and I are planning a trip to Cabarete to celebrate our 25th birthday. What are the guest friendly hotels/condos in Cabarete?

VJS
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are ok to stay a 10 minute drive away from the town, I would rent a house in Perla Marina - something like a 3-4 bedroom with a private pool.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Many hotels in Cabarete are guest friendly. It depends on your budget. For example, Velero and Kaoba, one very nice, the other more like budget. Alegria is too. Take a look at the listings here or on Tripadvisor. Pick one and contact the hotel to verify. Most will have your guests leave their ID at reception, for your protection.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cita del sol is a good condo facility I can hook you up with the property manager there if you like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

hope you have fun. it's a shame though that you guys are 25 and looking for hookers. i think i would save the money for plastic surgery..

6. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Dislikes zoomzx11 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there,
    let me know how many of you there are and when you will be here for.
    I have a very good friend who owns some awesome apartments right in the town centre yet still quiet and a beautiful oasis behind the scene!
    He also includes cheap gear rental so if you want to kitesurf or windsurf or whatever, you'd be in the right place.
    It's right across the main road from the beach and next to a supermarket, all very central.
    You can also do as you please there pretty much, theres a nice pool and a communal bar.
    It's not expensive either.
    Let me know and I can hook you up!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you stay in a condo or villa and bring your guests, don't be surprised then if some of your belongings go missing. There is a reason why hotels ask guests to leave their ID in reception, your protection.

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Go stay in Sosua. Cabarete is a short, cheap drive away. Get a villa or two in Residencial Casa Linda or Residencial Hispaniola. They're very nice, and reasonably priced, and can both be found with an easy google search. You'll need cars, but trust me, if you're looking for "guest friendly" facilities, you'll likely end up on Av. Pedro Clisante in Sosua anyway, which is where you'll find what you're looking for, in huge numbers.

Be safe, have fun, and remember, it's just a vacation - don't get caught up.

10. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hotel Koaba has bungalows along with several other options and is right in the middle of downtown across the road from the beach. There isn't much of a town in Cabarete compared to Sosua but the beach is open at night which is a big plus. I've seen some good live shows on the beach sponsored by beer and rum companies with dancers and live music. You may want to book a few days in Cabarete and then try Sosua as well or split your group so you can crash in either town or have one room for more privacy. Be careful crossing the road in Cabarete. It may be a small town, but that is the main highway for the north coast. Lots of threads here on do's and don't's.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everyone! As far as the nightlife goes, how does Cabarete compare to Sosua? SHould we make a trip to Puerto Plata one night?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast