Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes In Sosua

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent the day in Sosua today and of course had the BIG breakfast at Rockys. 4 fried eggs sunny side up, bacon, ham, pancake, banana, 4 slices of toast with butter and pineapple spread..........It was excellent and priced right, 210 pesos....
    Try and get that, at that price, anywhere else in Sosua......

B in Santiago

2. Likes SantiagoDR, bermyboy, rice&beans liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    Spent the day in Sosua today and of course had the BIG breakfast at Rockys. 4 fried eggs sunny side up, bacon, ham, pancake, banana, 4 slices of toast with butter and pineapple spread..........It was excellent and priced right, 210 pesos....
    Try and get that, at that price, anywhere else in Sosua......

B in Santiago
    Or in the US for that matter...

4. Likes SantiagoDR, rice&beans, waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by potatohead View Post
    Dear Mr. Moderator: My above post prompted a flood of PM's. I have the information I was looking for and will never ask about singing in the DR ever again. So please don't ban me. From now on I will be looking for practical information. I am so there!!!!!!!!! Viva DR!
    So what were your answers? PM me

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was in a bar in Sousa and met a girl with an enchanting voice and wanted her to come back to my hotel and sing to me. How many usd would be expected for a virtuoso performance?
    The street/bar girls all have terrible singing voices. How their throats get so damaged is a complete mystery..

7. Likes kinostar liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mr. Moderator: My above post prompted a flood of PM's. I have the information I was looking for and will never ask about singing in the DR ever again. So please don't ban me. From now on I will be looking for practical information. I am so there!!!!!!!!! Viva DR!
    Are you the same potatohead who is on ISOC asking guys to join you in a contest?

9. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Viajero View Post
    Are you the same potatohead who is on ISOC asking guys to join you in a contest?
    haha....I am sure he is the same guy....

11. Likes JDJones, snoozer, Tamborista liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My family loves going to terra linda and having the big pool to ourselfs---chica hunters sleep all day and don't swim--I also can look at a hot chica out of the corner of my eye----seriously john should promote that idea to families.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    The street/bar girls all have terrible singing voices. How their throats get so damaged is a complete mystery..
    You won't believe how close I am to explaining. On second thought I'm not going there.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Most towns anywhere has that strip that some tourist would rather not visit and where others go there for. This site, to me is more for those looking to enjoy the other side of Sosua or anywhere else in the DR, away from the nightlife/drugs/prostitution. No one said it does not exist, they are just explaining there is much more than what some speak of. A kind no thanks, or no gracias goes a long way. If you want to know about the other stuff, thats why they have sites like ISOC(since it stands for InSearchOfChicas).

Now lets get back to on goings in Sosua...is there any other changes people are noticing?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been here more than 6 years. Just this morning, I had a discussion with my husband about all the improvements to Sosua since I first moved here. Here are just a few.....

1. Dirt roads have been paved and repaired, such as La Mulatta Rd, the road to Playa Grande, and other side streets.
    2. Internet is reliable and fast.
    3. Electricity no longer is off for days at a time, unless there has been a huge storm.
    4. Playero is more like a first world super market. It used to have unwrapped meat in an open case. You would just pick out what you want, but never know whether someone sneezed on it first. Now, it has many imported foods and is much, much cleaner.
    5. There are plenty of international-type restaurants.
    6. More imported food is available everywhere.
    7. We no longer hear stories- regularly- regarding shootings, stabbings, or murders on Pedro Clisante. When it does happen, it is widely discussed, as it is not a usual happening.
    8. Much fewer shoe shine boys and beggers.
    9. The town is cleaner and maintenance is visible.

These are just a few improvements. I am sure others who have been here can name more.

Lindsey

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast