Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transportation from STI to puerto plata hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Default transportation from STI to puerto plata hotel

I am traveling to puerto plata in 2 weeks with 2 of my friends and we are flying into santiago airport. Does anyone know about transportation services that we can take to get from santiago airport to our hotel? We are staying at the wyndham playa dorado. Also..we don't want to be spending a lot of money on transportation. Please help!

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

your best bet is taxi divided by three, normally they have set prices but you may want to haggle.

Post Thanks / Like

Send an email to Welcome To Paradise Transportation and get JJ to pick you up at the airport. Piece of cake and 100% guaranteed good guy.

HB

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Send an email to Welcome To Paradise Transportation and get JJ to pick you up at the airport. Piece of cake and 100% guaranteed good guy.

HB
    And speaks English too.
    He is simply the best on the North coast.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother and I used JJ supper nice guy. But it took us 3 hours more to get there because we stop at ever bar on the hills and met people he new. It was one of the best times of our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sitting here giggling when I read the above posts. JJ is a good guy and he does know every place there is to know for "fun and games" as well as where there is cold beer. A true mine of information.

I'm glad I know him.

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the best parts is JJ knows all of the places to take you for a drink and never has one himself.
    Exactly what I want in a driver.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was offered $75 for a taxi at the airport but then agreed for $65 with a driver to get me to a hotel in POP from STI. So, you can actually negotiate the price.

Enjoy your vacation!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Souns like JJs the guy, especially for a newbie.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twlove143 View Post
    I am traveling to puerto plata in 2 weeks with 2 of my friends and we are flying into santiago airport. Does anyone know about transportation services that we can take to get from santiago airport to our hotel? We are staying at the wyndham playa dorado. Also..we don't want to be spending a lot of money on transportation. Please help!
    Out of curiosity: If your final destination is to be PP... Why didn't you book your flight to the airport there instead of Santiago???

Travel in Dominican hwys is something I don't recommend much of. Not because of the conditions on the road, as they're just as any good as your at home, but because of the reckless drivers on the road.
    One Dominican at a time please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast