Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booked return ticket, only use return portion of ticket?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 way ticket from POP to LGW

Hi daydream

I'm trying to book a ticket from Puerto Plata to London Gatwick can you tell if you were successful. The First Choice Office in POP keep telling to me to book the ticket via the UK Office and the UK office tell me to book the ticket throught the POP Office.

Please HELP.............................................. ...........................

Daniel

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally when you book a ticket and don't use the outbound flight the return is cancelled as they think of you as a no show. I am not sure if this is the same with Thomas Cook or not.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sammystorm19 View Post
    Normally when you book a ticket and don't use the outbound flight the return is cancelled as they think of you as a no show. I am not sure if this is the same with Thomas Cook or not.
    NOT if you organise it through THIS end & stay in touch with the DR office for the company you buy from!! YOU need to be a bit proactive in this matter rather than relying on bureaucratic pen pushers in UK to organise your life for you!! Read Lambada's posts again to see what she DID. ~ Grahame.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BushBaby View Post
    NOT if you organise it through THIS end & stay in touch with the DR office for the company you buy from!! YOU need to be a bit proactive in this matter rather than relying on bureaucratic pen pushers in UK to organise your life for you!! Read Lambada's posts again to see what she DID. ~ Grahame.
    I am just saying this from a Canadian Travel agents point of view. That is why I said to check with Thomas Cook. I know that some of the Charter airlines do it, but I wasn't sure about Thomas Cook. I went and re read Lambadas post as I guess I missed it.

Cheers
    Erin

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sammystorm19 View Post
    I am just saying this from a Canadian Travel agents point of view. That is why I said to check with Thomas Cook.
    Cheers
    Erin
    Ahhhh, hence the confusion. This thread has been about UK to DR rather than Canada to DR. WE were referring to the system used by UK airlines & UK Tour Companies. I have done it with a few times with J.M.C & even First Choice in the past but DO accept that First Choice may have changed their policy over the years! (Aren't they now Canadian owned??). ~ Grahame.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that they are Canadian owed but we don't deal with them over here!!!

Erin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12