Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adopt dog in sosua

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default adopt dog in sosua

hi to all,
    wish you a fantastic new year..try to stick to new resolutions.
    I am looking for a medium size dog,preferably not a puppy ,i would like to get
    one out of the street and give it a second chance,is there a place here like theSPCA ?
    thanks a lots

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dogs and Cats.

Good for you!

Judy's Pet Lodge/AAAS has many dogs and cats that are looking for homes. Her place is just past, east, the Coastal station; the driveway is a little hard to see. I think that the Vet, Dr. Bob has a sign at the entrance.

We have a 16-18 week mix in "foster care" for Judy at our house. She is sweet, spayed and has all her shots. Would love to find her a new home also.

Asociación De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosúa, Inc.

PM me if you need more help.

Thanks and good luck. Ringo

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Adopt a dog

You may also wish to look on Facebook - lots of pictures under

Dogs and Cats Of The Dominican Republic

Please feel free to visit AAAS any time between 9am and 4pm - we will be happy to show you animals available for Adoption and fostering

We also welcome any sort of volunteers

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Hillbilly has one of his beautiful cocker spaniels left.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent an e-mail to Judy about fostering dogs. I thought that people who stay here for 6 months of the year might be able to foster a dog whilst they are here and so relieve the financial burden on AAAS and give a dog a loving home for a period of time.
    Does this exist anywhere else?

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Temp. foster care?

Hello Black Dog and thanks for asking.

As I stated in my post above, we have foster cared for two and found a home for one. We live here full time and have the yard and indoor space along with the time and desire to do this. We will continue to care for Whiskers until she gets a new loving home. I know that two others are also doing foster care at this time.

We work with Judy/AAAS with what we can do and are comfortable with. I shared your thinking of part time foster care with Grandma Jen last evening and was going to discuss it with Judy today but could not get over to see her.

I short..... I think it is a great idea and a BIG win-win-win-win. The dog gets some love, care and attention. The care giver gets an opportunity to be loved have companionship and knows that they have “done good”. Judy/AAAS has some costs covered and gets a better dog/cat back. I also look at the odds of the foster care giver finding the animal a permanent home being high.

Let me or Grandma Jen know if you do not get a quick response from Judy. I know that she gets very behind on her emails. I'll give her a nudge to get her going on email.

Thanks, Ringo

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a few weeks ago I e-mailed but haven't had a reply yet!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'm on it this PM and will post ASAP.

Ringo

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey ,
    thanks a lots for your advice went to Judy's 2 days ago and adopted a beautiful female dog of 9 months (the young ones have a better chance) Branka ,she is great ,calm and
    loving i am verry happy!!I highly recomend visiting Judy's ,before buying a dog ,
    give those pets a second chance!!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank YOU bicep!

Quote Originally Posted by bicep View Post
    Hey ,
    thanks a lots for your advice went to Judy's 2 days ago and adopted a beautiful female dog of 9 months (the young ones have a better chance) Branka ,she is great ,calm and
    loving i am verry happy!!I highly recomend visiting Judy's ,before buying a dog ,
    give those pets a second chance!!
    This is so great to hear! I'm sure that Branka thinks so too.

The first few days normally require some adjusting. Please let us know if you have questions. Judy has been doing this a long time.

Best of luck to you both! Ringo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast