Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recognition Of Good Work By Christian Groups From Canada

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    Ok, back to Ken's postive post.

Anna & Chip & Ken,

I'm going to play devil's advocate here because, well, i've got a few minutes to kill before i go to work. ............
    Love Frank
    Hi Frank, I hope all goes well.

But since I don't see you at the gym anymore I will have to ask here. All these long thread starters and posts like this one that we have seen lately, are they the equivalent of an off-Broadway try out of your book?

2. Likes frank12, AnnaC liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hi Frank, I hope all goes well.

But since I don't see you at the gym anymore I will have to ask here. All these long thread starters and posts like this one that we have seen lately, are they the equivalent of an off-Broadway try out of your book?
    HAHA,

Man, I could only hope!

The book is being edited right now. should be out in 5 to 6 weeks...if all goes well.

Love Frank

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe if you help someone it should be because you want to, no hidden message, no religion attached. True help comes from the heart. I have seen many come and do wonderful things for the people here and then I have seen a few with their own agenda. I hear what Frank12 is saying about believing in miracles, my in-laws are a great example. I just figured they needed something to believe in. Again my own thoughts.

5. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a fascinating, thought-provoking article in today's New York Times regarding religion: Does It Matter Whether God Exists? - NYTimes.com

Frank
    Last edited by frank12; 03-23-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    Here's a fascinating, thought-provoking article in today's New York Times regarding religion: Does It Matter Whether God Exists? - NYTimes.com

Frank
    This guy is all over the place and presents his tentativeness as insight. I can't believe he is teaching philosophy at Notre Dame.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    This guy is all over the place and presents his tentativeness as insight. I can't believe he is teaching philosophy at Notre Dame.
    Funny, that's how I interpreted the article.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wonder why some people think only Christian organisations can do good in this world? Where is the logic in this?

What about "Doctors without Frontiers", totally non-religious, and doing fantastic work all over the world? Just an example, as there are plenty of others...

There are plenty of Christian people, or people of other religions, who do wonderfull work, and you can only applaud them...

There are plenty of non-religious, and religious organizations who claim they do wonderfull work, whilst they are filling their own very deep pockets... They are just profit-making businesses exploiting the unsuspecting masses who donate...

I will start with a huge organisation I know in Belgium. They rake in tens of millions of dollars each year, of which 5 cents on the dollar reaches the poor.... The salaries of the board are humungous... They are totally not connected to any religion...

The same with religious organizations. How would you call a Christian School who exploits its Christian teachers, frauds the parents of the kids attending, and deliver a diploma you cannot even wipe your ass with? Believe me, when I say some teachers (young Christian adults with high ideals) are hugely disappointed when they discover the truth...

BelgianK

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Funny, that's how I interpreted the article.
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why humans are so worried about right and wrong. Why when no other animals care?

BTW, this should really go in the other thread.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why humans are so worried about right and wrong. Why when no other animals care?

BTW, this should really go in the other thread.
    How do you know no other animals are conscious of right and wrong.
    Sam Harris: Science can answer moral questions | Video on TED.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ken for pointing out the great and positive work these missionaries.

The fact is these groups do far more than anyone here on DR1 so it's honestly hypocritical to say the least the constant criticism these groups are subject to because of an occasional bad apple or for being "annoying".
    Hey, hey, hey. You fail to mention the thousands upon thousands of dollars DR1ers donated to build the dental clinic in Puerto Plata. I guess Alberto is a little busy for an update at the present time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast