Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Building Green in DR

JFD
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe there is a market, and a growing demand, for that. Things like small renewable energy systems, better climate design, better waste management, better use of water (like re-use of grey water), green roofs, small vegetables garden (comestible landscaping) etc... As I told you at the beginning, I can get you in touch with a very knowledgeable person in this domain.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DipreSantana View Post
    I should have clarified, I mean in a much smaller scale, green for the upper middle and middle class, all of those are huge projects. I wanna find out if people, not corporations would be interested in the tech for their own homes, tech like passive air conditioning.

My brother is an engineer, and is on his way to get an architecture degree as well, and we wanna know if this could be viable work.

It is! Just not as common as we would love them to be, but there are many examples like that all around the country. The thing is that most are not smack middle of some long standing neighborhood, but in some new remote areas being populated or turning from rural to urban settings.

There are some houses in Jarabacoa that take the green message well into the home realm.

People are learning that you don't necessarily need a concrete slab for a roof for safety and sturdiness anymore.

It will take sometime before it becomes a wide spread thing in the country.

I think that the DR is a great place to exploit all what going green can offer in designs and technologies applied. People LOVE to hear they can save a ton of money by using new methods of construction and designs. Anything that can save a buck and won't put the price beyond the 10% above the old budget is fair.

The lack of widespread offerings is a good sign of the potential to exploit the niche in the DR... I mean for residential projects!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    This is no kindergarden game, this is serious business, and that's the reason why we have certification agencies. If you don't like LEED we can use NABERS or BREEAM, you can search there also, may be you'll find some certification, not registration, for the "green" Orange building. Green labels, eco-certification, carbon market, and marketing of those concepts is a multi-billion dollars business and like every business you have fake and you have real.
    And about your idea of creating and ngo for issuing LEED certification, that's a very good illustration of your third world way of thinking, obsessed with the bling bling, and I encourage you to do so, intellectual property law offices will be very happy with this new case.

Are you daring me? Are you? Are you?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that's the info I wanted, and it only makes sense to exploit all of this tech which would make life more comfortable.

As far as certification, it's nice, but in the end, I doubt it could work in this country, at least for now, I read up on the LEED certification, and even if the whole house is up to spec, you can still be denied it based on whether the person who lives in it uses all of the systems.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234