Thread: pharmacies in Santo Domingo

Post Thanks / Like

Default pharmacies in Santo Domingo

HI: I need information on getting a prescription refilled ,it is a pain medication. where is the pharmacy I could call address and telephone number .I understand there was a list posted before. but it has expired . I understand I will need a consultation in Santo Domingo from a medical Doctor. MD. for the prescription. I need the name of a Doctor in the same area. Thanks for any help

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Prescriptions are not required in the DR.

Pharmacies are located everywhere in SD. We are in Los Cacicazgos and have at least half a dozen (if not more) within a 1km radius of our home.

Prices do vary so it is worth 'shopping around'. If the meds you need are 'rare' you may find it difficult to locate. Always have the generic name of the product as they do not stock all known brands here. Stocklevels also flucuate, so it is worth stocking up. A pharmacy may have a product one day, but not the next.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default US Embassy list of doctors

There was a US Embassy list of doctors on DR1 but I am having trouble finding it for you via the search option. Maybe someone can repost for it for you. I've seen two excellent doctors off that list.

What's the medication you are looking for? I will be heading to my pharmacy in the next few days and could ask price/availability for you.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you happen to take Caribe bus to Santo Domingo there is a very well stocked Pharmacy across the street from it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    If you happen to take Caribe bus to Santo Domingo there is a very well stocked Pharmacy across the street from it.
    Bob - do you know the name of the R/x?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

my sister in law worked in a pharmacy in SD. one day she stopped by a new apartment that i was getting ready to move into, i was dealing with the cable TV guys, painters, furniture delivery, inversor guy and welder. she asked how it was going? i said, "i need a valium", she said, "you need a prescription".

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOOBER_SDQ View Post
    Bob - do you know the name of the R/x?
    Nope, but you take a right when you leave the bus station walk around 50 ft to the intersection, across the street, and it's right there